What is the CARO Workshop?
CARO Workshop 2024 is the 17th annual conference event. CARO is focused on cybersecurity research and relevant cyber topics. Join us as we confront cyber threat research head-on. We will explore how groundbreaking research seamlessly integrates with actionable measures, shaping the future of our digital defenses. Dive into the intersection of research and practical solutions as we navigate the evolving threat landscape and challenges.
Welcome reception May 1st
Opening keynotes on May 2nd and May 3rd
30-minute presentations on May 2nd and May 3rd. Time includes Q&A
Call for Papers opens November 2023
Call for Papers closes January 31st, 2024
Speakers chosen will be notified by mid-February 2024
- Submissions should not be vendor-related pitches
- Submissions must be clear on what the concept, findings, and solution a researcher will be speaking on.
- Submissions that highlight new research, tools, techniques, vulnerabilities, will be given priority
- Submissions that are incomplete will be disqualified
- Submissions must include full speaker details (name, title, short bio, contact information)
- Submitter will be contacted if review team has any questions about the submission
- Submissions will be reviewed by a CARO conference review team
- Speakers are required to speak in-person
Submission Suggestions (not exhaustive)
Submissions should focus on new research, vulnerabilities, or tools.
Keep in mind CARO2024 conference theme: Driving Back the Shadows: Connecting Research to Action
- Cyber Espionage and APT Groups
- 0-days and other high-impact vulnerability exploitation
- ML, AI, Big Data research (the good, the bad, the ugly)
- Attacks on OT/IoT Infrastructure
- Supply Chain Attacks
- Cyber Forensic Investigations
- Research on latest ransomware tactics
- Law Enforcement Response
- Examples of joining forces to stop cybercrime
- Latest updated on TTPs of prominent malware campaigns and backdoors
- Deep dives into darknet concerns
- Latest banking trojan research
- Evasion techniques
Why CARO Workshop
CARO Workshop 2024 offers two full days of learning and networking opportunities with industry researchers and experts discussing the most important concerns and emerging threats related to the cyber landscape.
Presentations from leading security industry experts giving you the opportunity to learn about technologies, emerging threats and vulnerabilities, and new research. Attending will help ensure your finger stays on the pulse of the cyber threat landscape. You will have thought-provoking discussions exploring the key issues in the cyber industry. You will gain valuable insights on research and protection capabilities on cyberattacks, artificial intelligence, machine learning, adversarial tactics, and more. You will get to engage in conversations that explore the bigger picture of cybersecurity directly effecting our future.
Network with cybersecurity professionals from around the world. Exchange ideas, build new relationships, establish new professional and personal contacts. The cyber industry is built on trust and CARO Workshop gives you the opportunity to establish that trust with key industry experts face-to-face. Attending will help you keep your pulse on the key issues, insights, and people across the cyber industry.
We can’t wait to see you there!
As a dedicated participant, I can attest that the CARO Workshop consistently exceeds expectations, revealing cutting-edge perspectives on cyberthreats found nowhere else.
One of the most technical security conferences you should not miss!
Security researchers need a safe corner where they can share information and discuss even the most sensitive subjects in a trusted environment. The CARO Workshop has been providing it since its inception in 2007.
The CARO workshop delivers true technical content and really open sharing like no other event in a friendly environment.
CARO Workshop is one of a kind, a place where the world’s cybersecurity guardians unite to outsmart threats and protect the digital realm.
Shadows or not! CARO is always an enlightening conference with research from some of the brightest minds in the industry.
The CARO conference is one of the best places you can go for information that is completely devoid of marketing fluff and loaded with up to the minute technical insight. I can’t recommend it highly enough for folks who want a chance to sit and talk with the speakers, or the highly-skilled audience. If you want to meet researchers, or just listen to the latest content, this is the place to be.
Year after year, the CARO Workshop provides unique technical intel into cyberthreats that is not disclosed elsewhere.
The CARO workshop is one of the very best sources of tech info each year. Every time, I learn things.
Thankfully, the CARO Workshop remains a refuge for core technical research work presented by cybersecurity threat lab researchers.